Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News and Profiles > King's Remembered > James Blades, professional percussionist, at a Subscription Concert c. 1962

James Blades, professional percussionist, at a Subscription Concert c. 1962

Jim Brenan (59/64) shares a photo of accomplished percussionist, James Blades, who featured in one of the Subscription Concerts.
James Blades at rehearsal
James Blades at rehearsal

We used to have Subscription Concerts which were shared between Sunnyhill, The Hall School and KSB. The Subscription Concerts featured some top international names.

When I read that James Blades had recently died I remembered a concert he gave in the Memorial Hall in about 1962. I took the photograph at the afternoon rehearsal, processed the film and printed the photograph in the school dark room, which I asked him to sign after his amazing performance.

Do you have any memories of your time at King's you would like to share?  If so, please do email.  

Similar stories

170 OBs reunite at the annual London Lunch

A jolly time was had by all at one of the largest turn outs of OBs yet. More...

Simon Fuller wrote the following article for inclusion into the King's Spirit. More...

John Rees Remembers his time at King's

Here, John Rees, remembers his time as both pupil, teacher and Housemaster at King's. David Graham (O60/65) and Marcus … More...

Robert, playing his much loved cornet

For Robert, music was one of his greatest memories of King's More...

History was made on Tuesday, 30th January 2019, when 81 Old Brutonians attended a lunch, hosted by the Headmaster, at La… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech