Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News and Profiles > King's Remembered > Josh Teuber (N12/17) remembers his time at King's

Josh Teuber (N12/17) remembers his time at King's

One of the youngest OBs to attend the annual London Lunch remembers his time at King's Bruton..
Josh, at the London Lunch 2019
Josh, at the London Lunch 2019
The London Lunch 2019 was attended by a record number of OBs - over 170.  We wanted to catch up with a few and hear what they had to say about the event and thought that Josh - one of the youngest OB there - would be a great place to start.

How did you find the London Lunch - your first of many hopefully!

It was a fantastic day; you meet a huge number of people from different walks of life and gain a real insight into King’s across many generations. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and will chat to anyone, so it makes for a really great atmosphere. Arguably, and most importantly it’s an excuse to have a couple of drinks with some old friends who you may not have seen in a while. As the youngest OBs present, my friend and I were given a gift by the OBA which was very unexpected but very kind. I think the take home feeling for a lot of people is probably a sense of fortune to be able to see old friends at such an event, along with a hangover!

What have you been doing since leaving King's?

After leaving King’s, I took a year out to work and also travel with two of my best friends from school; it was an incredible year with some amazing memories made. Since then I have been studying Economics in Exeter, the opportunities here are great and I’m excited to spend a year abroad in Peru and Spain next year as part of my course.

If you could relive a moment at King’s, what would it be and why?

This is really difficult to just pick one there were a lot of really fantastic moments at King’s shared with friends. I think winning the House Cup in my final year was one of the best feelings, it was such a cumulative effort across the year by the whole of New House, as such a close-knit bunch it just made winning it that bit sweeter.

If you could change one thing about King’s – what would it be and why?

Start letting us sing Jerusalem in church on a Wednesday!

What are your best memories of King’s?

I think rather than anything specific, it would have to be all the jokey moments shared with some of my best friends, in the boarding house playing table tennis or pool, or out on the tennis courts in summer, normally accompanied by some questionable chat. Those are the memories that for me made my time at King’s.

And finally...would you go to the London lunch again?

Definitely, the chance to catch up with and meet so many people is great, and everyone really buys in to the whole day.

If you would like to share your memories of King's Bruton, please complete this form.

Similar stories

170 OBs reunite at the annual London Lunch

A jolly time was had by all at one of the largest turn outs of OBs yet. More...

Andrew Sage talks fondly of his time at King's and where he surprisingly left his mark... More...

Architect Samuel Young, (O11/16) remembers his time at King's and frequenting the Sun Inn. More...

Whilst most people travelled to the London Lunch 2019 via train, bus or car, David had to take a slightly longer journey… More...

History was made on Tuesday, 30th January 2019, when 81 Old Brutonians attended a lunch, hosted by the Headmaster, at La… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech