Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Mentoring > The OBA Mentoring Scheme - One Term In!

The OBA Mentoring Scheme - One Term In!

An update on the OBA Mentoring Scheme
29 Jun 2023
Mentoring

In the last few months, over 40 Old Brutonians (from all walks of life, industries and business roles) have signed up to become mentors for the OBA Mentoring Scheme.  The aim of the mentoring scheme is to connect OBs looking for a mentor, with those who have expertise in their field of interest.

So far, 6 OBs have matched to a mentor, and all have fedback that the experience has been incredibly helpful. Some OBs have relished the opportunity to talk to someone who is more senior in an industry about potential career options, others have benefited from advice regarding how to build their business and one OB is exploring the options around an internship.

"Talking to another OB about their experience of working within the industry I am in has been so helpful.  I wasn't sure what my next steps should be and now I am much clearer.  They were able to point out areas I hadn't thought about and also advise me on how I should apply for my next role.  I feel much more confident about my next choice.  I wish I had done this sooner and would recommend any OB to seek out a mentor."  (Feedback from an OB who found a mentor using the King's Bruton Community)

Signing up as a mentor or mentee is really simple - simply go this page of the website or contact Emilie at oba@kingsbruton.com

Industries that OB Mentors work In

• Law
  • Medicine
  • Sales and Marketing
  • Software and Technology
  • Engineering
  • Photography
  • Investment Banking and Finance
  • Charity and non-profit sector
  • Risk and Compliance
  • Hospitality and Tourism
  • Education
  • Entrepreneur

A huge thank you to everyone who has signed up to become a mentor. The OBA really appreciate your generosity and time.

Looking For  A Mentor?

Mentoring can be useful for anyone, regardless of your age, level of seniority or business field.  Mentoring can be a one off session, a series of sessions or even a longer term relationship.  People find mentoring helpful for the following reasons:

• To gain advice and insight in a particular field or industry
  • To talk to someone about qualifications / additional experience that might be needed
  • To get support with interview / application skills
  • To gain support in building a business or expanding into new sectors
  • To build vital interpersonal skills often needed to advance in a career

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch - Emilie Head oba@kingsbruton.com

Similar stories

Not sure if mentoring is for you? Here are 5 reasons it might well be... More...

Find out which industry sectors are mentors work in More...

Information for potential mentors and mentees More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech