Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OBA News > John Thompson (P92/97) on his OB strava group

John Thompson (P92/97) on his OB strava group

Do you fancy joining in with an online OB strava community? John Thompson has set one up!
15 Sep 2020
OBA News
I did pretty much everything at school; rugby, hockey, athletics, swimming and did the cross-country every year, and the CCF March and Shoot (which was great fun). One year we decided that the time penalty for not doing the obstacles was less than the time it would take to do the obstacles so we just missed them out. I believe the rules were changed the following year so that you had to at least attempt every obstacle!

I now run, swim and cycle (and occasionally combine them to do triathlons). I was meant to do Ironman 70.3 Mallorca and the Berlin Marathon this year but obviously both have been cancelled. I’m trying to work my way through the Marathon Majors (London, New York, Boston, Chicago, Tokyo and Berlin - only have Tokyo and Berlin left. And surprisingly getting faster with age!).

I’ve been in Bermuda for almost 17 years now, ever since I qualified as an accountant in London (after attending King’s College London). Met my wife and had some children and now stuck on the rock for a bit longer as our airport has been closed since March.

I was at Priory from 92-97, my brother (Patrick) followed me from 97-02 and my sister (Katy) was in Wellesley from 96-98.

A while ago I set up a Strava Club for the OBA, but anyone is welcome to join. This is the link below:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/oldbrutonians

Similar stories

Peter Scott (O66/70) and King's Archivist, Andrew Leach

In February 2020, Peter Scott returned to King's Bruton, meeting with Andrew Leach. Here, Peter remembers his time at King's and how things have changed in the last 50 years. More...

The 777 Old Brutonians who are registered on the King's Bruton Community are spread far and wide across the globe - what… More...

Ian Wilmshurst updates the OB community on how COVID-19 has affected the School More...

A list of King's Bruton pupils who attended the School during the 2010s and have since sadly passed away More...

A list of King's Bruton pupils who attended the School during the 1990s and have since sadly passed away More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech