Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News and Profiles > King's Remembered > Dr Paresh Gadhavi (78/83) remembers his time at King's

Dr Paresh Gadhavi (78/83) remembers his time at King's

Paresh Gadhavi recounts some of his time at King's and the important work he has been doing in the medical field since leaving school.

Can you tell me a bit about what you have been doing since you left KSB?

I studied at Imperial College (BSc ARCS - 1988) and Cambridge (PhD 1992), wprking in the field of proteins and co/enzymes.  I then moved to San Diego in 1992, working on viral vectors, in gene trapping.  This was a difficult time to work as there was much scientific plagiarism in the USA.   In 1995 I moved back to London to work on cell receptors and adhesion proteins, in London 1995 – 2000, with Birkbeck College and National Institute for Medical research (MRC NIMR).

I have worked in Medical communications since then and since 2013 I have been a Family Carer, looking after elderly parents with stroke-related conditions. I mitigated or ran down my Science work in favour for Buddhist seminary and this is my foundation now. 

What couldn’t you have owned up to at school that you can now!

I went to a Prep School, in Camden Town, NW London which was a State Comprehensive/Catholic School, for two years (11 to 13 years age). I rather kept this quiet whilst at King's.

Which was the best house and did you have a favourite teacher?

Difficult question - Blackford House did very well in sports, etc.

Best life lesson that you learnt at KSB?

Self sufficiency

What advice would you give to current pupils?

Be bold and be astute in all things

If you would like to share your memories of King's Bruton, please complete this form

Similar stories

170 OBs reunite at the annual London Lunch

A jolly time was had by all at one of the largest turn outs of OBs yet. More...

Whilst most people travelled to the London Lunch 2019 via train, bus or car, David had to take a slightly longer journey… More...

History was made on Tuesday, 30th January 2019, when 81 Old Brutonians attended a lunch, hosted by the Headmaster, at La… More...

Peter Scott (O66/70) and King's Archivist, Andrew Leach

In February 2020, Peter Scott returned to King's Bruton, meeting with Andrew Leach. Here, Peter remembers his time at K… More...

Andrew Sage talks fondly of his time at King's and where he surprisingly left his mark... More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech