Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Mentoring > What industries do our mentors work in?

What industries do our mentors work in?

Find out which industry sectors are mentors work in
16 Oct 2023
Mentoring

With over 80 Old Brutonians, from a huge range of industries, signed up as mentors already, those looking for a mentor are spoilt for choice.  The following image shows the industries that the mentors work in, many at very senior levels. 

Feedback from those who have already signed up to find a mentor has been really positive: "The mentor I found was brilliant.  We had a couple of sessions together, where I was able to talk through my thoughts on my next steps in my career.  They gave me advice I hadn't heard before, and (gently) challenged my assumptions as to what I thought I needed to get ahead.  I learnt a lot from their experience in the field and feel much more confident going forward."

The Old Brutonian Mentoring scheme is a quick and easy way to make contact with someone who is willing to help - our mentors have volunteered their time, and with tonnes of experience to share, they are a wonderful resource of all Old Brutonians.  . You may choose to have just one session, a couple or to have a longer term mentoring relationship - that is completely up to you both decide.  

"I have signed up to be a mentor for other Old Brutonians for several reasons. Firstly, I know how hard it can be when you are starting out.  Secondly, I have had mentors at various stages in my career and found them invaluable to my career progression. And lastly.. it is great to be able to help other OBs!"

You can read more about finding a mentor, our guide to mentoring and other helpful information on the mentoring webpage - read here

Similar stories

Not sure if mentoring is for you? Here are 5 reasons it might well be... More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech