Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OBA News > Summer 2022 update from the OBA President, Gemma Brunton (W92/94)

Summer 2022 update from the OBA President, Gemma Brunton (W92/94)

23 Jun 2022
OBA News

I’m writing this with an ice cold gin & tonic in hand, revelling in the very welcome gorgeous weather we find ourselves enjoying at the moment. Let’s hope it stays all summer.

The end of the school year is just about upon us – for those leaving King’s and joining our ranks as the newest OB members, the world is waiting for you…exciting times. I’d like to extend a big warm welcome to you all, huge congratulations on finishing your exams and hope you all have a wonderful summer of fun after all your hard work!

Here at OB headquarters we’re busy behind the scenes planning get-togethers and other ways of getting OBs to engage with each other both in person and online. We really want to tap into the vast resource of interests, talent and experience that we have among us and look at setting up a mentoring scheme for more experienced OBs to provide help and advice to younger OBs looking to get ahead in life and work. Can you lend your experience or would you be interested in finding a mentor? If so, I urge you to get in touch!

We’re also looking at enhancing the King’s community website by setting up groups to represent different areas of interest such as universities, sports, regions etc and I’d really value your input for what you’d like to see or ways in which these groups could be developed – please please get in touch, it’s so important to me that our Association is vibrant and active and you, as members, get out of it what you put in so please contribute your ideas…what would you like to see and do more of?

Hopefully you’ve had your copy of the Old Brutonian magazine and enjoyed all the content – it’s wonderful problem to have had that Ed Tickner, our Editor, received so much content that he physically couldn’t fit it all in. You’ve been a busy lot! Keep it coming by sending your updates to Emilie. Thanks again to Ed for putting together another fabulous issue.

We’ve had a good response so far to the postcard on the front asking you to tell us whether you’d prefer a paper or digital copy of the magazine. There are still lots of you who haven’t responded yet, so just a gentle nudge to do so as soon as possible. If we don’t hear from you we’ll assume you only want a digital copy.

Also another nudge to sign up to the King’s community website if you haven’t yet. There’s more news, events, photos, find your old friends and all sorts of good stuff on there and it can only grow if more people join.

Finally, I’d like to wish our very own Vice-President Janey De Nagle Costello and her fiancé Simon a wonderful wedding day on July 2nd. Wishing you all the best for a long and happy life together, from us all!

Floreat Brutonia!

Similar stories

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech