Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OBA News > Gemma Brunton (W92/94) sends festive wishes to all

Gemma Brunton (W92/94) sends festive wishes to all

13 Dec 2023
OBA News

Another year has rolled round frighteningly fast and I hope this message finds you all well on the slide into Christmas.

I’m thrilled that Janey, our Vice President (and incoming President in November 2024) is expecting her first child with husband Simon - we wish them all the vest best for their new arrival in April. I’m also thrilled that Dom Haigh has agreed to take her place as the incoming Vice President and with their wealth of experience, together they are a dream team and I am excited to see what direction they take the Association in.

The school is thriving and I’m so proud of the close ties we have with supporting the pupils in their endeavours through various grants and bursaries, and are looking to help some more pupils next year.  This support is wholly in the spirit of what the Association stands for and I am keen to promote the OBA within the current pupil body as I believe they are much more likely to foster the ties with the School, the OBA and with each other if they understand the Association more.  Interestingly, there is a black hole of members between the ages of 18 to around 30, with whom we have very little contact - it would be lovely to fill that hole.   

One way we are addressing this is via the OBA Mentoring Scheme, and Emilie’s hard work getting that up and running this year will continue apace.  We have lots of mentors with a brilliant array of knowledge and expeirence, all keen to help.  I would encourage any OB who thinks they would benefit to get in touch so we can help match them to a mentor.  Collectively we want to pass on our experience and advice.

Elsewhere Chris Biddle has taken on the role of magazine editor from Ed Tickner and we’re looking forward to his first edition next year.  Again, please do get in touch if you have information you would like to share, no matter how big or small!

As always the London Lunch was a great success, held in the traditional beauty off the Ironmongers’ Hall.  Hhappily the school song was a rowdy sing-song with the help of James Strevens on the piano, our frankly embarrassing attempts over the last few years were well and truly surpassed this year!

Wishing you all much Christmas cheer with your families and hope Father Christmas is kind to you all.

Gemma

Similar stories

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech