Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OBA Events and Reunions > The Wessex Old Brutonian Lunch was a huge success

The Wessex Old Brutonian Lunch was a huge success

Old Brutonians from the 60's met in Bruton for a wonderful lunch
Old Brutonians from the 60's met in Bruton for a wonderful lunch

One of the best parts of my job is hearing about reunion events that Old Brutonians organise - its wonderful to know that so many of you have managed to keep in touch with fellow OBs.  In November 2022 a group of Old Brutonians and Honorary Old Brutonians gathered in Bruton to have a wonderful three course meal at The Chapel, after a quick warm up in The Sun Inn!  Everyone was in rude health, and, spurred on by each other, I hear that the School anthem was duly sung - no doubt the other diners were somewhat perplexed, though I am sure suitably impressed.  My thanks goes to Nigel McCrea (O61/66) for instigating the lunch and Bruce Lang (P60/64) for the photo.

If you have met up with other OBs please do let me know - we would love to run a regular article in the OB magazine.  If you have lost contact with your fellow OBs, please do get in touch.  I am often able to help pass messages on.

Finally - please do pencil in the 17 June 2023 for a summer party in Bruton - we are hoping to gather groups of Old Brutonians together and host 'decade reunion tables', the perfect chance to reunite with those you might have lost touch with.  You can put your name down here to be offered first refusal on tickets - everyone is welcome, including partners. Over 40 OBs have already signed up!

Emilie

Emilie Head - Assistant Secretary OBA

Similar stories

140 Old Brutonians and Honorary Old Brutonians gathered together to reminisce in the splendour of the Apothecaries' Hall… More...

History was made on Tuesday, 30th January 2019, when 81 Old Brutonians attended a lunch, hosted by the Headmaster, at La… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech