Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > King's Bruton News > Ian Wilmshurst wishes seasons greetings to Old Brutonians

Ian Wilmshurst wishes seasons greetings to Old Brutonians

Ian Wilmshurst - Headmaster
Ian Wilmshurst - Headmaster

Dear Old Brutonians

I am very grateful to the many Old Brutonians who completed our survey, and to those OBs who have been in contact with me recently regarding the restructure plans.

I spoke to the Common Room this morning to thank all staff for the incredible work they have done for King’s Bruton since COVID-19 transformed our lives last March. We have successfully managed a full timetable of remote teaching in the summer term, excellent university placements for our Upper 6th leavers in August and a busy, rewarding Christmas Term. We have coped with virtual meetings, packed lunches, social distancing, hand sanitisers everywhere and face coverings for all. The pupils have been positive and good-natured, although the mental strain on teenagers, caused by the pandemic, should never be under estimated.

Last summer term inevitably had an impact on the School’s finances, but we have absorbed this impact and I expect King’s finances to be back to their normal, healthy state at the end of this academic year. So, King’s is coming through COVID-19 with energy and conviction; the future looks bright.

All Old Brutonians are very much in my thoughts and prayers during these challenging times. I hope that you all have a safe Christmas and I look forward to a brighter, healthier 2021 for us all. The OB London Lunch in December 2021 is already pencilled in into my diary!

Deo Juvante. Floreat Brutonia!

Ian Wilmshurst

Headmaster

Similar stories

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech