Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > King's Bruton News > Headmaster, Ian Wilmshurst, on the Summer term at King's

Headmaster, Ian Wilmshurst, on the Summer term at King's

Dear Old Brutonians

The official opening of the Sir Peter Squire Pavilion on Saturday June 17th coincided with the return of many OBs of all ages to Hyde for a celebratory afternoon of cricket, tennis and hockey. All the sport proved very successful with many parents joining their son or daughter to play in the tennis tournament.

It was an honour to invite Lady Squire to cut the ribbon, to officially open the Pavilion and to toss the coin at the start of the cricket match. The Peter Squire Pavilion now provides a high-quality function suite for sporting and other events, while two new changing rooms are situated to one side, now keeping team changing separate from the pavilion. The opening lunch for family and donors was most enjoyable and everyone seemed impressed with the new facilities.  I hope that Peter would have approved, but I am certain that he would have approved of the new bespoke weathervane on top of the pavilion roof in the design of the RAF GR3 Harrier he flew in the Falklands War.

The Trustees of Bruton School for Girls, who are now part of the King’s Foundation, have appointed Knight Frank to market and sell the Bruton School for Girls site at Sunny Hill as a whole, or as four lots. It is expected that the sale will be complete by October 2023. The Sunny Hill Nursery will remain open and now operates, along with King’s and Hazlegrove, as part of the Foundation.

I wish all Old Brutonians an enjoyable and prosperous summer.

Floreat Brutonia

Ian Wilmshurst

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

1519 Legacy Society bespoke silver pins

The last 6 months have seen the 1519 Legacy Society grow from strength to strengh More...

New changing blocks adjacent to the pavilion

Louis Tuson MBE, School Bursar gives an update on Old House plans, the Pavilion and repairs to the Memorial Hall More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech