Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OBA Events and Reunions > London Lunch 2021

London Lunch 2021

140 Old Brutonians and Honorary Old Brutonians gathered together to reminisce in the splendour of the Apothecaries' Hall on Friday December 3rd 2021

After a record sell out of tickets (less than 48 hours!), the London Lunch 2021 was sure to be a big success and indeed it was.  Over 140 OBs were in attendance, which is pretty remarkable given the current restrictions in place.  (Sadly some OBs had to pull out at the last minute due to positive cases in their family / travel restrictions / concerns over ill health which made a large gathering inadvisable.)  However, MANY glasses were raised to them in their absence and we look forward to welcoming them back in 2022.

In attendance were OBs ranging from 27 years old to over 90!  The 1991 Rugby Tour of New Zealand and Fiji reunited, ably 'captained' by John-Kai Fleming who did a marvellous job of organising the reunion.  Hon OBs included ex Headmaster Tony Beadles, Rose Vigers-Belgeonne (who was the brain power behind the event), David Hindley and Colin and Jan Juneman amongst others.

Gemma Brunton (W92/94), the newly appointed President, gave a rousing speech praising the School for its reaction to COVID and the way it has swiftly stepped in to help current families who had been adversely affected by the pandemic.  She also warmly thanked David Fleming (B72/76) for all his hard work and dedication of the last 4 years as OBA President.  David was given a beautiful hand crafted solid gold pin, featuring the infamous King's Dolphin, made by none other than the King's Marketing Manager, Naomi Warren.

Guests were treated to three delicious courses and plenty of wine, after which Jerusalem and the School song were sung (so loudly the music was drowned out) and after a few glasses of Port, several OBs ventured off to a nearby pub.  

'Feedback from the event has been very kind and generous' says Emilie Head, Assistant Secretary to the OBA.  'As this is my first London Lunch I wasn't sure what to expect, but it surpassed my expectations and I was just so pleased to see OBs of all generations enjoy each other's company.  It was a brilliant insight into an OB event and I cannot wait to be able to offer more events in the near future. Thank you to everyone for coming and making it a really special day!'

Photo gallery

To view this News Article

Similar stories

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech