Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > King's Bruton News > The 1519 Legacy Society

The 1519 Legacy Society

The last 6 months have seen the 1519 Legacy Society grow from strength to strengh
1519 Legacy Society bespoke silver pins
1519 Legacy Society bespoke silver pins

Emilie Head (Development Office and Assistant Secretary of the OBA), discusses the 1519 Legacy Society:

'In the last six months, the School has held two consultation events with Old Brutonians (one in Bruton and one in London), to understand their views on legacy giving.  The feedback given has helped the School begin to create a Legacy Society that meets the needs of Old Brutonians and members of the wider King's community.  It has become increasingly clear that the reasons for considering any type of legacy giving are deeply personal and therefore there can be no 'one size fits all' approach. 

For some, their link to King's, Hazlegrove or the Foundation as a whole is rooted in their fond memories of their time whilst a pupil.  For others, the opportunity to give back is of key importance.  Many cite that they want to enable children, who would otherwise be unable to attend King's, to have the same opportunities as they had.  Others have said that whilst they didn't always have the easiest of times at school, they recognise the impact it has had on their lives and want an opportunity to be part of the Foundation's future. 

I have been immensely grateful to everyone for their honesty, candidness and friendliness during this process.  It has been wonderful 'formally' welcoming Old Brutonians to the Legacy Society and our first Legator event (welcoming Legators to Commemoration Day) was lovely and a huge success.

I am looking forward to continuing developing the 1519 Legacy Society and to welcoming more Legators - I see the everyday reality of what the School stands for through my two children who are both at King's and, as a parent, couldn't wish for a better environment for them to transition into adulthood.'

If you would like to find out more about the 1519 Legacy Society, please contact Emilie Head: eeh@kingsbruton.com or 07768 067413

Similar stories

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech